District 5100 Youth Protection Policy
MISSION STATEMENT: District 5100 is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for all participants in Rotary activities. It is the duty of all Rotarians, Rotarians’ spouses, partners, and other volunteers to safeguard to the best of their ability the welfare of and to prevent the physical, sexual, or emotional abuse of children and young people with whom they come into contact. Rotarians, non-Rotarians, and volunteers who serve the youth in the District must adhere to the following core values:
• INTEGRITY: We are committed to honest , respectful, ethical relations with our participants, citizens, and fellow business partners and customers.
• RESPECT: We believe in a healthy volunteer environment based on teamwork, encouragement, trust, concern and honest and responsible communication among all Rotarians, Volunteers and Youth.
• QUALITY: We constantly strive for excellence and continuous improvement in our Rotary practices and results.
• COMMUNICATION: We clearly state our needs and expectations of others, and we clearly express our thoughts and ideas.
• COMMITMENT: We demonstrate persistence, determination and tenacity in achieving both our individual and organizational goals.
- Why do I need a background check? Rotary International requires all volunteers that wish to participate in youth service programs (i.e Youth Exchange) have background checks effective June 1, 2006.
- Who needs to have a background check? Any adult involved with a District-Sponsored Youth Service Program who has regular, unsupervised interaction with youth.
- What forms do I complete? Youth Service Program Youth Volunteer Affidavit Form.
- Is District 5100 paying the cost of the background checks? No. Either the participating club or the Rotarian/volunteer shall pay the processing fee.
- Who processes my background check? District 5100 contracts with the company Advanced Reporting to process the background checks.
- Where will the results of background checks be stored? Advanced Reporting will store the results of background checks.
- Who has access to the results of my background check? The District’s Youth Protection Officer and Advanced Reporting.
- How often do I need a background check? Every year.
- How do I get started? Apply online through the district database (DaCdb member login) or complete and sign the Volunteer Affidavit Form available for download from the district website and mail it to Rotary District 5100, 6700 SW 105th Ave., Suite 314, Beaverton, OR 97008.